Sunday, September 15, 2013

Number 5 is alive!

 Luke had his 5th birthday a few weeks ago!  He is obsessed with anything Star Wars and thinks that it is all Lego Star Wars, so he is thrilled with his new undies!!
It was a pretty low key b-day.  It was on a Saturday, Joel's boss had some passes to a swimming pool and invited us.  So we went and had a blast.  It was only 5 feet at the deepest but the majority was 3 feet or less.  We all enjoyed staying cool in the wet heat!!!  We made sugar cookies (cause I always try to talk my kids into cookies instead of cake) and got creative with candles!  I love these pictures of Jessica how she is trying to make a funny face like the rest of them.


  • Luke has a one track mind and is hard to steer a different direction if he is set on something.  
  • He loves the wii and especially his lego star wars game. 
  • He loves school, but doesn't want anything to do with sitting down and coloring or writing if it takes very long (especially if it is at home)
  • He LOVES peanut butter and jam swandwiches (that is how he says it).  He would eat them all day everyday if he could!!
  • He is a great big brother and is very soft and kind with Jessica
  • This year he started soccer and Joel told him that he would give him a $1 for every goal he made in his first game. (None of our girls have ever scored).  Within the first 5 minutes of his game he had made 3 or 4 goals, it's a small field and its 3 on 3.  And lucky for Joel the games only lasted 20 minutes and they had to take him out so the rest of the kids could kick it.  He was the only one that seemed to have any clue of what to do so he continued to score.  I think he made a total of 9 goals!  Which was so fun to watch!
We love you LUKE!


1 comment:

Ashley H said...

So fun reading your blog and seeing your life in Texas. I need to call you! Thanks for the cute Christmas card so cute!

Joaquin and Luke sound just alike with Lego Starwars! He's been obsessed for years! And PB&J, whenever I make something he doesn't like he asks if he can make himself a PB&J.

I can't believe how big your kids are! It's only been just over a year but they seem so big! I'm glad things are working out for you guys in Texas!