Friday, October 4, 2013

Lucky number 13

Last year our anniversary was on a Sunday so we did something fun with our kids that night and they have been begging to do it again this year.  So I think it will now become tradition to do the Sunday before our anniversary.  Chef Amore visits our kitchen.  Chef Amore don't speak english good, so you will have to translate the menu yourself.  Good luck!

The kids fill in their order with the choices on the menu.  They love to get their food and silverware at all different times and in weird order.  Monday's Joel has school until 7 so we planned a low key anniversary, it was by far my favorite!  I bribed the kids with Papa John's pizza (a real treat since we don't eat out a lot and it wasn't Little Caesars, which I like but Papa John's is a whole other level!) if they would do a show for us like the twins do on The Parent Trap (the Haley Mill's version, of course).  Win for me not making dinner on my anniversary!  They did a great job and we were very entertained!  There was a curtain and everything in between.


There was some great storytelling,
amazing headstands,
exceptional basketball skill demonstrated,
silly costumes,
plenty of laughter,
and hilarious jokes,
with a dance as the finale.
It was a wonderful evening and perfect.  Loved every minute of it!  I think we have started another tradition to go along with our dinner by Chef Amore.  Joel got me an anniversary band to wear instead of my wedding ring (even though we said no gifts).  I had to have some major work done to it this summer, they were surprised that I hadn't lost my diamond because the prongs were so worn down.  It wasn't cheap, after that I started looking at cheap ones to wear instead and just wear it on special occasions.  It has been nice, I didn't realize how often my ring got caught on things until I started wearing this one.  Great day!  Here is to many more!!  I am so lucky to be married to my best friend!!! 

2 comments:

Philynette said...

Sounds like tons of fun! Wish we could have all enjoyed the dinner with Chef Amore & the entertainment with you. Congrats on 13 wonderful years & may you have an eternity of more wonderful times together.
Love, Dad & Mom B

The Calico Crew said...

Love this idea! I think sometimes it makes it more memorable if you can find ways to include the kids...and maybe they'll remember it too?!