Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Texas randomness

 She needs just about everything in that picture to fall asleep lately.  And she was pretty proud of herself that she got to wear Mason's undies.
 I just loved this when I saw it so I had to get a picture of it!

  • Texas pride is REAL!
  • Not only do the schools say the Pledge of Allegiance every morning, they have a Texas Pledge as well to their flag that they say also.
  • Texas A&M does not have cheerleaders, they have yell leaders (not sure if that is what they are called) and they wear bib overalls.  AND they repeatedly yell the BTHO whoever their playing.  Luckily my kids can't tell what they are saying and don't repeat it the rest of the night.  And their mascot is a sheltie, real live dog!!
  • We have now witnessed a Texas storm, WOW!  When it rains, it really pours!!!  It is time to invest in some working umbrellas.  We have never really needed them so my kids have just played with them and they are all bent out of whack.  
  • There are no mountains so you have your town or school painted on the water towers instead.  Not sure we can hike to the top of the water tower yet, but we will see.
  • Elementary school is very controlled, no playing before/after school and minimal time at lunch.  You get to do sheet work if you come early!  Luckily we never have that problem since it starts at 7:55!!!!  After school you wait with your teacher until someone is there to pick you up.  For lunch they march you in, sit you down, you eat, wait for your teacher to come pick you up, march back to class, read for 15 minutes, and then you go play for a few minutes.  
  • I still can't bring myself to say y'all (ok I just did it) yet or even text it.  I am not going to give in!  I heard Brooklyn say it a few days ago and it didn't seem weird, but I just can't do it!

1 comment:

Philynette said...

So cute little Jessica! Love that she's so attached to her babies.
Sounds like you are learning all about being a Texan & school certainly sounds interesting.