Thursday, January 23, 2014

Didn't waste a minute in St. George

A highlight for me on our trip was running with my favorite running partner, Rachel.  She talks the whole time, makes me laugh and forget how much I hurt or hate running!  I miss it so much!!  It seemed just like old times, except my lungs were on fire the whole time.  I blame it on the elevation change and not the fact that I am out of shape.  We ran a few times and for one we ran 3 miles to Kneaders where we met some other friends for breakfast.  It was so fun we laughed, ate, froze and then ran back.  Probably not the smartest thing I have ever done, but I didn't want to miss a chance to run with them once more.  They even ran slow for me to keep up.  Just what I needed!
I sure miss those mountains, or any mountains for that manner.
 We were on the go constantly while we were there and loved every minute.  It was nice enough to be outside and enjoy Jeff's horses.  He is always so good to share and take my kids, since they scare both Joel and I a little.

My brother continues to surprise me.  He is a hoot.  We had a big sleepover at Grandma and Grumpa Bakers house with lots of cousins and the next day we had a fun party with all of my family, we missed you Jill and Ben.  We went over to Adam's school that he is a principal at and played some fun games in the gym.  


 We had wiggle cars and I even put on some rollerblades and cruised through the hallways which I am proud to say, "I've still got it!"  I felt young again for a second until all the kids came out in the hallway to play a game and realized my reflexes aren't as quick as they used to be and reminded me that I am old!
All of my kids were in heaven playing with their cousins non-stop, eating whatever they wanted, and not having any kind of bedtime.  Who wouldn't be with a whole bag full of doritos or overflowing tub of cheese balls?  and the que bueno, of course!!

No comments: