We had a free Saturday morning/afternoon with NOTHING scheduled the end of March. We knew it was going to be perfect weather so we packed a lunch, headed out to see some blue bonnets and head towards a place called Washington at the Brazos, where Texas became a state. It wasn't too far of a drive maybe about 40 minutes from home. It reminded me a lot of being at Nauvoo, but seemed a little more hands on for us and just let us kind of roam at our own leisure. Which is exactly what we need with our troop! The kids had such a fun time looking and trying all the things they had. The volunteers were very nice.
I think this was everyone's favorite part. Washing on the washboard and hanging up the clothes on the clothesline. We used to have to do that growing up and I always hated that so it was funny to see how much fun they had. It was hard to pull Jessica away, I think she just liked being able to get wet!
We had such a wonderful time we almost hated to leave it was too perfect! If you look close at the girls they are skipping down the lane with their arms around each other. That NEVER happens, so I grabbed the camera to capture the moment! We hated to leave it was the perfect day!
No comments:
Post a Comment