Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Camping Easter weekend

 We had a great time camping with some friends! 

 Mason loves peanuts shell and all sometimes!
 Not the smartest idea!!
 Here is the crew awaiting the start of the egg hunt!


The Grahams own a funeral business (not sure of the exact title for it) but they set up everything and take down at the cemetery the holes, the tents, chairs among other things.  Anyway over spring break Darin brings out these metal chairs and lines them up then he proceeds to put the fuzzy green things over them.  We all thought he was just joking around when he put them on but he was serious.  He said they are much more comfortable to sit in that way!!  I had to try it out, and I agree they were much less drafty when the wind was blowing that night as I sat in them I felt like I had a blanket.  It was fun to give him a hard time, why not use them if they are lying around!





We had such a great time, only downer was as we were pulling out.  Our car was completely dead!  Everyone else had things they needed to get back for so they had left hours earlier!  We actually had a compact jumper that we had brought out but I had put in the back of the Grahams truck since we didn't have room for everything in the back of our car. That led to us getting in a bit of an argument, to say the least!  Joel walked out about a mile or so to find someone to come try to jump us.  For some reason it didn't work.  We ended up calling Amber who had a ton to do already.  She dropped everything, went to the Auto parts store, bought us a battery, and then brought it back out to us!  We thought to try and have her jump us one more time, since our battery wasn't that old yet.  It started right up!!!!  Amber was so kind and couldn't figure out why we hadn't called her in the first place.  So nice and took the battery back.  She was a lifesaver!

2 comments:

Spencer and Mindy said...

Oh man I can only imagine... Spencer would be so so mad. Glad you such great friends who care and look out for you. Love you guys. (And the camping area looks awesome)

Cluff Family said...

The funeral chairs are hilarious! Glad you guys are making memories in Texas!! Can't wait until we get our act together and come visit ya'll :)