Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Brooklyn and her teeth

The purpose of this post is more for myself so I can remember these details.
Tooth #1 Brooklyn lost her first tooth July 2007. She first noticed that it was loose while eating a peice of corn on the cob. It fell out when she was at her Grandpa and Grandma Andrus's house biting on a lego trying to get it to come apart. She put it in a ziploc bag so she wouldn't loose it and gave it to her mother. Her mother then proceed to forget where she put it while cleaning up the Sunday dinner and searched through the garbage can to find it with no luck. We had a sad girl and sadder mother so we left a note for the toothfairy to explain that her mother lost her tooth.
Tooth #2 August 2007 While out at the Church orchard in Hurricane she was eating a peach instead of picking them. And she noticed her loose tooth was gone. We don't know if it got swallowed or fell on the ground--so another note was left for the tooth fairy with no tooth.


Tooth #3 and #4 April 2008. This picture was about a week before. These two teeth were not in any hurry to come out. In fact both of the permanent teeth were starting to come in so that made these baby teeth harder to get any looser. Grandpa Baker even got his pliers out and tried pulling one out with no luck. So Easter weekend we were at the Annual Andrus Easter picnic with about 100 people. While playing with her accident prone cousin Jacob we hear her screaming just as we are all sitting down to eat our lunch. Some how Jacob's arm came in contact with her face while playing soccer and knocked them both out! They weren't coming out on their own so that may have been the best solution (but a bit painful and traumatizing). A quick trip to Harmon's for some popsicles and an Easter egg hunt made it all better. We weren't sure if they had gotten knocked back up in because of the blood but later realized that they were out in the grass somewhere or swallowed again. So another note to the tooth fairy with no teeth. She didn't have a toothless smile like this for very long since her other teeth were already coming in.


Tooth #5 May 2008 This tooth Brooklyn pulled out all by herself with some encouragement and her 'spit cup' (just like Junie B. Jones one of her favorite people) ready. This tooth went under her pillow with a note to the tooth fairy asking if she could keep it, she wasn't about to let this one out of her sight.

Tooth #6 July 2008 Brooklyn again pulled this one out by herself. Nothing too eventful on that one.

Tooth #7 October 2008 I know this was the most recent tooth that she lost but for some reason can't remember anything about it thanks to my momnesia. Luckily I took a picture. The note was to let the tooth fairy know that she would put her tooth under her pillow the next night since she wanted to take it to school and show her teacher/friends before she put it under her pillow. She was really trying hard to have it come out at school.

I love to read things that my kids have written sometimes it take some concentration to figure out what it says but I love to see their progress. They are all growing up way too fast!! I keep telling them that they can't have anymore birthdays so they won't get any older.
Brooklyn, we love you!!

4 comments:

The Calico Crew said...

That's too cute, Brenda. I'm not ready for any tooth fairy's to come around our house yet...thank goodness but Payton sure thinks his teeth are getting loose, thanks to the neighbor boy who's about Payton's age that is loosing his teeth. I'm still not sure why the neighbor's teeth are coming out so soon but I really wish he'd leave them alone so Payton would stop telling me his teeth are loose. Guess it's the dental side coming out in me that knows better.

Cluff Family said...

YAY for Brooklyn! Love the tooth stories! How cute! I love the note :) Also, we did not have any sort of room in our baggage to bring back our snorkel sets... so we sold them before we left the island. But, we do have a camera bag that your digital camera will fit in. You can take pictures underwater with your digital camera in the bag so dont buy any disposable camera's.... I'll get the bag to you soon. We will be in Washington tomorrow (Thursday until probably Friday afternoon or Saturday)

beautifuldey said...

I can't believe all those teeth got lost, what a story to remember. She looks so cute and "old" now. I still think of her as a 2 year old.

Angie said...

She is so cute Brenda! She even looks a little like Junie B. Jones. I remember when you were pregnant with her. They grow way too fast!