Monday, December 1, 2008

Hawaii pictures

We had a FABULOUS time in Hawaii. Thanks to Joel's work. Every two years they take their employees on a week long trip and they don't scrimp on them either. Our hotel was VERY nice we had to pay $18 dollars a day just to park there. It was in a gated community type of thing so the lagoons were very nice because you don't get all the public there. I had never snorkeled before and the first time was on the catamaran out in the ocean (It was kind of freaky at first but fun once I figured out that I really could breathe through the mouth piece). There were about 60 employees plus they could bring another person. That is the reason why we got a convertible, having 120 people show up at the same time at a rental car place was crazy so they just gave us the first available car to get us out of there. We didn't mind!! Here are some pictures.

7 comments:

The Calico Crew said...

Looks like you had a blast! Todd and I went there for our honeymoon but there were soooo many people on the side of the island we were on and our hotel wasn't that great. Sounds like yours was a slice of heaven (and a great place to take a break from kids). Glad you've made it back safely but had fun while you were away!

Spencer and Mindy said...

ok SWEET pics! makes me want a snow cone Real bad...it looks amazing!

i'm glad you got the hang of snorkeling, it totally freeks me out!

Marie said...

Hey there Joel and Brenda! It has been too long. This is Marie Hansen (I know that Joel remembers me, but what about you Brenda? We worked at Newby Buick together, remember?) Anyway, I found out about Jeff a few weeks ago and then saw that ya'll had a blog through a comment on his blog. Small world. Anyways, I thought that I would say hello. You guys have a very cute family, 4 kids! Oh my.

You can check out my blog if you want, just follow the link from my profile. I have been married for almost 3 years and we don't have any kids (though my husband has a 16-year old daughter).

Oh, and Joel. What you did for Jeff was an amazing gift of life. You are a good man and a good brother.

The Hansen Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I bet it was nice to spend some time away from the kids especially in Hawaii. It's always nice to take a break away from real life. Cody told me about Joel. I hope that he is feeling okay, what a good guy. Hope all is well!

Angie said...

That is so awesome that Joel's work pays for a trip every other year! Where does he work? I think John needs to come work there. :)

So, I somehow came across the blog about Jeff. I had no idea and I am so sorry for all the pain he has been through. I also read that Joel was a donor for him. Joel, if you read this - thanks for your example of brotherly love. What kind of cancer does Jeff have? I remember him always being so kind and happy in college.

Anyway, you guys are such a neat family and I'm so glad you got to go on such a fun trip!

Ruth said...

Looks Heavenly! We need a trip like that! And looks like the weather was beautiful! What was your favorite part?

The Hansen Family said...

Sorry to leave another comment, but I tagged you. Hopefully you'll get this.