9 years ago
Monday, September 16, 2013
Ward Back to School Bash
Our ward had a back to school party this past weekend at a really fun pool, with lots of good food and company. Our Bishop wanted to make sure we had lots of visitors come, who doesn't want free food and swimming? So it was an easy one to invite friends to we challenged our kids to invite some kids from school and they each did! Courtney even had one come. We had a great time! We have gone swimming a few more times and Luke has finally gotten comfortable swimming without a life jacket, too bad the pools all close this weekend for the season! It has been fun to see more of the missionaries around at activities and on the streets. We have some just for our ward, so that is much different than in Utah. Jessica sure enjoyed her chocolate cupcake and had it ALL over herself. Joel's boss and family came, we really enjoy them, they are good people. We also got callings this week. Joel is the new Young Men's president (that is what he was right before we moved for about 6 months and it is going to keep him busy with all that free time he had), and I am teaching the 12-13 year old Sunday school, I have never done that so I am excited. I thought for sure I would be put into nursery!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
how have i missed all your super fun updates!! happy bday Luke! love that he got undies for his bday!! haa haa.. he's awesome! And what a fun ward party! we had a few like that up in Layton! jealous that you have nice fluffy new carpet! (someday, we'd like to have carpet...lol)
We Love you guys! I'm loving the updates.
*that was Mindy, obviously
YAY for missionary experiences! Awesome that one of Courtney's friends came to the party! We have the missionaries in our home regularly for dinner and it is fun to be able to have lots of missionary experiences! :) Have fun with your new callings! You'll do great!
Post a Comment