Friday, September 20, 2013

Tailgating







So last weekend was the biggest football game for TAMU it has had in a while, tickets were VERY expensive.  I don't keep track that stuff much but I know it was a big game since they were playing the #1 team.  There were maroon t-shirts for sale all over that said BTHO BAMA!  I had no clue what it meant so I asked a clerk at wal-mart what it all meant, Beat The Heck (But she said something else) Out  AlaBAMA!  Now you know and don't have to ask the wal-mart clerk, I think I had a funny look on my face after she told me, I am not in Utah anymore folks!!!  They have SO MANY traditions and little things that I am slowly learning the hard or embarrassing way!
Anyway one of Joel's co-workers invited us to come to their tailgating party that afternoon, the weekend before they had gone dove hunting and shot about 150 that they were going to BBQ there (Megan made sure we brought hot dogs along as well).  So we went, Joel offered our generator to them so we could even watch the game there!  Luke was disappointed that we were watching on TV, he thought we were going to the game!  We played a lot of slap jack and bean bag toss to keep him busy.  These people go all out with the Aggie stuff; chairs, bowls, cup-holders, shade tents,  lawn games, flags, ice buckets, you name it.  (It is nice to see that Joel has finally agreed to wear Pine View colors!!)
We felt a little silly with our 6 kids and non-maroon stuff (we did go CrAzY and get some Mountain Dew, we never drink pop but it is our new drink of choice), but they were the nicest people.  We got there about an hour before the game started and made it until about half time, football games are long!!!!  They made us feel like we were doing them a favor by coming and had plenty of yummy food and treats to keep my kids happy for most of the first half!  And the dove wrapped in jalapeno and bacon were delicious, just a lot of work for that little piece of meat I am sure!! 

3 comments:

Spencer and Mindy said...

WHAT??!!!?!?! Mt. Dew?! You guys? noooo, i don't believe that. :) glad your getting out to enjoy all the Football tailgating fun! Go Aggies. tell joel, Pine View Maroon looks good on him ;)

Andrus Family said...

We are living on the wild side right?

Cluff Family said...

I am laughing so hard right now! I love it! We have a lot of tailgating from friends from LSU who, like you said, Go ALL OUT! It must be a southern thing! I was looking to see if Brooklyn still had her BYU shirt on :) Love you guys and I must say, Texas is looking good on all of you :)