...the first month of Texas. So far so good. In no particular order, I asked each of them what they have liked and not liked this past month.
Mason
Likes: That he has his toys back. It was almost like Christmas at our house as we opened boxes of toys they hadn't seen for awhile. TRAINS, he loves it when we see a real one, hence the name of College Station.
Dislikes: His new nursery class, clothes (on him or Jessica's doll).
Jessica
Likes: Her baby it goes just about everywhere with her, blanket, and bottle.
Dislikes: When she has a tantrum and hits her head on the ground (pavement, tile, wood floor), and when Mason takes off her babies clothes.
Luke
Likes: His co-op preschool, his new bike, loved swimming, birthday.
Dislikes: Waiting in the mornings to go to preschool.
Courtney
Likes: Swimming, neighbors, ward party.
Dislikes: Weather (humidity)
Brooklyn
Likes: The people, neighbors
Dislikes: She didn't have anything to say either, but I am going to add. Getting into trouble for teasing too much to the point of irritation.
Megan
Likes: Swimming, tailgating, my lockers, school, neighborhood.
Dislikes: Nothing, but she forgot about mosquito bites, the mosquitoes love her and me a little too much for my liking!
Brenda
Likes: How friendly everyone is. I was talking on the phone to a pest control lady that I was paying a bill to and we ended up talking about where I moved from and what brought us here for about 10 minutes. She asked if I had a church to go to even, so I was able to tell a little about what church I went to. Learn more here lds.org or our ward just set up their own page www.aggielandmormons.org
Our ward has welcomed us with open arms and gone out of their way to get to know us. I even found out a girl in my ward is a Turek from Cedar City, Utah, and we talked about Misti (a BFF), Aunt Ada, the Hatch house; so we are now besties. But I feel like that with a lot of people already which is weird! I told Joel the other day that I wanted to be mad because we were here, but it has gone so well and everyone is so nice that I feel guilty for even thinking about being mad.
I have found a running partner but dislike that we meet at 5:45 am to go (my mind is still in MST which tells me it is only 4:45. Who in their right mind runs then? It is a LITTLE cooler then but I am still swimming in my sweat by the end...ICK!)
Dislikes: No Costco (Sam's Club just isn't the same), humidity, driving the excursion all over (that car is too big and these streets are too small for me to be comfortable...watch out!), red ants that appear out of nowhere and leave a bite that bites back! Being so far from family that we can't zip home for the weekend!! Miss seeing my kids interact with cousins and grandparents.
Joel
Likes: He told me after the first few days of school, 'He felt like a little kid in the candy store trying to pick a treat when their is so many good choices.' He loves learning and has really enjoyed being back in school but just wishing he could take a lot more classes. He has done great keeping a good balance of all that he has going on (school, work, young mens, kids, wife). He is usually out the door by before 7 am so that we can see him sometime that evening for dinner before he heads out the door again.
Dislikes: The little geckos that like to drop down on him when he walks out the back door, or go in the shed (he screams like a girl and they are only a couple inches long).
The humidity. How slow people drive here, no one is in a hurry or running on Andrus Standard Time (10-15 minutes late).
9 years ago
4 comments:
this is probably the best update EVER! we miss you guys, but so glad everything is going so well,and your fitting in...your right where you should be sounds like! :) love you guys!
Great to know what everyone likes & dislikes. I wouldn't like some of this dislike things either - geckos? yikes!
Glad that life is treating you well there, but still miss you all!
Love from Grumpa & Grandma B
I'm totally CRACKING UP! This was such a cute post! I'm voting you a super blogger :) So fun that you found a TUREK relation :) Glad the first month went good for ya'll ;) Have fun running! I made it a mile today without stopping....Millie was pulling the stroller (And Me) but it made me jog the whole mile! I'm super proud of myself! I'll be running the st. George Marathon with you before you know it :) Keep up the picts and posts! :)
What a slacker I am!! I haven't even been checking to see your awesome blogging skills at work! Love the pics of your kids (they are getting sooo big! Even your baby!!) and of course everyone's likes/dislikes. Makes me wonder why we didn't take advantage of you being 15 minutes away while we had it??!!
Post a Comment