9 years ago
Monday, December 9, 2013
Thanksgiving
Courtney had a cute little Thanksgiving program at her school, don't you just love her hat?
Jessica is all girl these days and has discovered she likes her diaper off rather than on!
I realized that I really have no clue what I am doing when it comes to making Thanksgiving dinner and all the trimmings. I usually just brought mashed potatoes and dixie salad. I am usually around when they make the pies and help but never paid attention to any of the details. So we did our best! Luckily I still just brought mashed potatoes. Our pie crust didn't look too hot, but we put some chocolate pudding and whipped cream with chocolate chips on top and the kids are thrilled!! Success in my book!
Since we were so far away from family. We decided to ask anyone in our ward to join us at the church for a "potluck" style Thanksgiving. So we could all benefit from a great meal, but no one was stuck making all of it. Everyone brought a few items and we met in the gym of the church, closing off half of it so the kids could play once they were done eating. There was about 8 families that joined us. I was kind of worried and hoping we had plenty of food. We had a great turn out and had a lot of fun. Definitely going to do that again!
Our first turkey even! It wasn't quite done when it was time to eat! Good thing we were just back up for the real meal, yeah for left overs!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment