To read a post Joel wrote about his feelings of baptizing Courtney go here:
We were able to celebrate Courtney's special baptism day with BOTH of her grandparents. My parents surprised us and showed up a few days before and we had such a good time with everyone. I was nervous how it would work out, but it was so nice to have them all here! One of Courtney's first questions when we were talking about moving to Texas was 'Who will come to my baptism?' Since she had been to her older sisters and some cousins that just between our two families it was packed with cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. And it broke my heart to know that it wasn't going to be like that for her. BUT we still had a pack room of neighbors, co-workers, and members of our ward that came to support her! I was
so grateful for the kind people that we have met here that went out of their way to make it special for her, whether they have the same beliefs as us or not. It was an amazing day! Later that evening we took everyone and went mini-golfing then came home for some steak (both @ Courtney's request)
I think I like this idea!!
No comments:
Post a Comment